Saturday, January 19, 2008

Wii Error Code 52130






Google
















Having problems connecting your Nintendo Wii to your wireless router? Tired of getting that annoying 52130 error code telling you that there is a firewall issue, well no more. I cannot say 100% that my solution will fix your problem, but it did for me.
Error 52130
I just got a new router to have a better connection, but instead I got no connection. I hooked up my network and it was running fine. When I went to connect the Wii to my new connection I found that it had a firewall issue. I spent hours and hours over two days trying to solve the problem. I even went and google searched an answer and found none helpful. I accidently one evening erased by DNS server under my TCP/IP network connections. The next day after fixing the server problem I realized when looking at the Wii connection settings that I had selected or by default had the DNS set on auto obtain. My ISP, internet service provider, does not use auto obtain. The solution is to manually input your preffered and alternate DNS server address. I again cannot guarantee this will fix your problem, but it did for me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

gw. this fixed my issue.

Eli said...

I have been struggling with the same issue. I am technically literate and can follow directions, but don't know the difference between IP addresses, DNS servers, etc. Do I want to use the DNS server information provided when I run the CMD in Windows? Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated. I had the Wii connected yesterday and now it won't connect, siting error 52130. I'm not sure how it can suddenly have an issue when it worked before. Ugh!!

Anonymous said...

If your getting error 52130 try this http://howtofixstuff.blogspot.ca/2013/08/how-to-fix-wii-error-code-52130.html

Anonymous said...

I've tried disabling the firewall. I've done the dns server thing. I've changed settings to make sure it works with the wii. But I'm still having problems. I'm tired of resetting router. This all started after I moved and got a new cable modem. If I change the router settings too much my I pad will disconnect from wifi

Unknown said...

thanks for sharing great information...
routerlogin